Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Wrap-up

Sorry to leave y'all hangin, I really did mean to post more bumblebee photos sooner, but you know...life got in the way! So here it is already November, I can't believe it. Anyhoo, I took a bunch of photos on the morning of Avery's school Halloween party. I was pretty thrilled that she didn't mind getting into her costume. 'Cause you never know, she might throw a fit. Thankfully, she got excited about it, and even let me put on the cute antennae headband too.


But that didn't last long! After about five photos, she couldn't help herself anymore.....

and those little antennae balls looked cute enough to eat! 
which lil'bub certainly attempted to do!

I think the bumblebee costume was perfect for her, so thanks again for voting in the poll. I think I should make that an annual Bub's Life poll since it was so very helpful (good thing that my vote was bumblebee too ;).


Not only is Halloween my favorite holiday, but it's also my favorite time to throw dinner parties. For the past five years, I've had a lot of fun coming up with spooky meals and ghoulish desserts to serve to our friends. Unfortunately, this year got wayyyy too busy for me to plan anything. Sad-I know-but it did help a little that I got to be the Halloween party mom at lil'bub's school. I wasn't quite sure how I could top the spider cupcakes from last year, so I kept it more low-key and whipped up pumpkin spice cupcakes with chocolate icing (delish) and used some fun cupcake toppers that I bought at Michael's. Much more simple than the spiders!


Of course, I had to throw in a couple pumpkin decorated cupcakes from Parents magazine too! The kids really loved them-- especially my kid:


We've eaten enough cupcakes now that I totally come prepared -- Avery is wearing this awesome full coverage bib that I found at IKEA recently. It makes cupcake-eating AND finger-painting a tremendously more pleasing experience. I don't have to stand next to her cringing! haha yes, I AM a little o.c.d. with messes.
I also got to make her friends little Halloween goody bags, which is almost as fun as making the cupcakes.


I found these really cute wands at Michael's too. It's my store! Threw in some Halloween Peeps, wind-up chatter teeth, ghost bubbles and cute little pumpkin bears. I'd also like to mention that I bought all these goodies in August, because I totally got burned last year when I went to Michael's for Halloween stuff on OCTOBER 1ST...and there was NOTHING LEFT! It had all been cleared out for Christmas stuff. I was annoyed to say the least, but totally learned my lesson.

Somehow I had a little creative energy leftover so I made a treat for Bub the hub that I knew he would love...DIPPED OREO MUMMY POPS! so fun and delicious.


When Sunday night rolled around, Avery had a little cough and congestion, so we kept it pretty low key. We took her to a few houses in her pink car. She was bumble bee on wheels! BUZZZZZZZZZZZ

 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

She enjoyed seeing the other kids all dressed up, and smiled shyly when people opened their doors :)


We got to visit with a few nice neighbors and then headed home for some scary spaghetti and meatballs!! But not before Bub the hub tried to steal Avery's antennae...

She said I don't think so!

we had a tired, cranky baby bee at the end!
(at least mommy and daddy enjoyed eating her candy later that night)

Excuse me while I start brainstorming next years' costume choices.
Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Love the pics!!!! Great job on the goodie bags and cupcakes for school. So talented!!!! Avery makes the cutest bumblebee ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute post! You are so creative! Loved the mummy pops!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...