Wednesday, December 27, 2017

TBT March '17, Part 3

Lee's First Week

As much as I wished and wanted for sweet boy to graduate from the n.i.c.u. to my hospital room, it wasn't to be. I took a few days to be overwhelmed and emotional, and then I tried to focus on the positive, which was the fact that our baby was here and healthy, and would be home soon.

The fluid in his lungs decreased every day, but at a snail's pace. The good news was that it only took about 24 more hours for him to lose the head i.v. and feeding tube, which was so wonderful because I could finally feed him myself. So that just left the oxygen tube and tape still hiding those sweet cheeks. 



That gave us a full view of all his precious hair! More than both girls had for sure. And he looked like his daddy too, just like his sisters did when they were brand new.




 Little dude had lots of family come to cuddle. He stayed pretty sleepy.

with Uncle Drew

On Day 4, he got tired of getting his photo taken.


But that didn't stop momma!


He responded by staring deeply into our souls. lol


On Day 5, his stats were good enough so that the doctors finally agreed to take his oxygen tube out! Time to see those precious cheeks again!! Which was a big deal to us. The last big step before coming home.


Snuggling with daddy.


This was the day that I was leaving the hospital, and when it turned out that the doctors wanted Lee to stay another day for monitoring, I was really upset. I wanted to take this baby home! But I trusted they knew what was best, and his daddy and I went home to get some sleep. We missed him.

We came right back the next day and the nurses were working on his discharge papers! We were overjoyed. Lee celebrated by making silly faces and snuggling with daddy again, completely free of all tubes and wires!!



It was finally time to go home and I COULD NOT WAIT for his sisters to see him. I think one of the absolute hardest parts of him being in the n.i.c.u. was that the girls could not come up to meet their new baby brother. We strapped him in the car seat and headed home to a whole new world.


Look at that sweet nugget! The straps were almost bigger than he was! 


If you haven't seen the post already, click here for pics of when he got to meet his sisters. I will never forget it. One of the sweetest times of my life.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...