Sunday, September 11, 2011

The New Nursery: Preface

Well, this nursery reveal is about a month later than I thought it would be, but good design takes awhile, my friends!! I've really been trying to work on this post all week, but snatching those little bits of time has become very tough lately. So here it is late Sunday night, September 11th, and my eyelids are much too heavy to post all the photos that I planned. 

My thoughts are really elsewhere, remembering this day ten years ago, when I woke to my alarm radio that was broadcasting news instead of the usual country station that I was used to. I couldn't believe my eyes when I turned the t.v. on and saw what was happening in Manhattan. Selfishly, I cried tears thinking that my own world would now never be the same...thinking this meant war, and that meant potentially losing friends and family among many other terrible things.

Now I look beside me and watch this precious girl, fast asleep, and I can't help but feel enormously grateful. I am grateful for the men and women who fight everyday so that I have the freedom to have the family that I always dreamed of. And I think about the families that lost loved ones on this day ten years ago, and I can't even imagine their pain. So I am sending love and prayers and healing thoughts to them, and hope they find peace in their hearts...peace like this sweet little angel brings to me.

 
Nursery photos to come tomorrow, I promise. Super duper promise :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...