Friday, September 2, 2011

Madeline's Showers

Kelly's Korner is having a blog hop about baby showers so I thought it would be a perfect time to post the photos from Madeline's showers. They were both really fun, not to mention gorgeous, and I really couldn't ask for more generous and loving family and friends!!

The first shower had a sweet little bird theme, just like Madeline's nursery...which I will post next week :) It was hosted by my Aunt Kay (my mom's twin) and cousins Kingslea and Alysia, who are pretty much professional shower throwers, so don't be afraid to take notes!!

Alysia designed the adorable invites!
And they all know how much I love baby clotheslines as decor...
Madeline has already worn everything on the line you see here :)

Here I am with the beautiful hosts, and a one of me with mom and Aunt Kay

These hostesses know the fastest way to my heart = candy buffet!! Isn't it gorg? There were rock candy sticks, gumballs, taffy and sour watermelons, my favs! and little baggies so everyone could take candy home. The flowers were amazing too, looking especially cute in wrapped boxes with ribbon and birdies.

oh, did I mention they are all great cooks? We had fruit salad with poppyseed dressing, shrimp salad in endive lettuce, gorgonzola and pear crostinis and roquefort cheese puffs. YUM-O. Am I making you hungry yet?
And the hostesses gave me my crib bedding!!

 ♥ A few of the cute party guests  ♥

  Here I am opening a couple presents...and that's a frog wastebasket that
"ribbits" when you open it...if you were wondering

My fabulous and lovely friends Allison, Tarryn and Stephanie hosted a shower with a Bee theme, which you probably already knew is one of my favorites. These girls blew me away with the cuteness!!

fun invite :)

Me with hot hostess Allison,
she made this amazing "Mama Bee" paper corsage for me to wear,
here's a close-up:
isn't it the cutest?

she also made these DE-licious and exquisite bee cupcakes:
and close-up
those are fondant bees, y'all

Me with lovely hostesses Tarryn and Stephanie

some of the decor...what I didn't get a photo of were the amazing flower arrangements that Stephanie put together--the vases were filled with lemons on the bottom and looked really elegant!

My very favorite part of the shower: everyone made a bib for Madeline
by cutting out iron-on fabric in different designs  :)
 
here I am very seriously considering how to decorate mine

and here's how a bunch turned out! I adore them
we already use them every day!

Here I am loving my new baby bag (thanks momma!)
and a precious ballerina dress from Allison

SO excited for the name blocks for her nursery (etsy rocks)

and Madeline bloomers!!! those get triple exclamation marks (thanks Amy :)

And since this is turning into the longest blog post ever, might as well provide a link for the shower I threw for Allison...the photo of the invitation is one of my most popular blog images. See it here.

Also, two words: CAKE BALLS...
...make every shower amaze-balls.
this is the dessert table I did recently for my cousin's shower

AND for a little shameless self promotion, I LOVE making invitations for baby showers, so check out my design site: Sugar Bee Designs, where you will see the invite I made for the shower above, an adorable jungle theme!


yep, I think that about wraps it up.
Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. Your showers were so cute and where did you get all your great maternity clothes! I am loving your 2 dresses. I am having the hardest time trying to find some that are affordable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...