Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Home Improvement

You all might have noticed these posts are getting fewer and farther between. Sorry, but getting ready for a second new baby is no small feat! It's a little crazy around here. I am glad to say that Bub the hub and I have finally completed the carpentry and painting projects in the nursery, and are currently arranging furniture and decorating, so that hopefully I can share photos next week! I am a master at run-on sentences.

Meanwhile, you can call it nesting, or home improvement, or upgrading or whatever! but for the last of couple months, I've been making small changes around the house. Mostly painting, which has made a BIG difference. So I am going to share a few before and after photos with you, because I always love seeing how other people are redoing/redecorating their houses too. 

So, to start, we painted the big window wall downstairs "Heavenly Blue." And I love it! Before, every wall was the same gray color, which I do like, but it needed a little something extra. The blue also picks up the colors in the new rug I got a few months back:

much better, don't you think??

We had our bedroom painted as well. This time it was "Waterfall." Yes, it's actually a different blue ha! We changed around the furniture, added dark blue drawers from the former guest room and most importantly, got a new gorgeous comforter that I absolutely A-dore!! The whole room is more soothing...which is exactly what a bedroom should be! See if you agree:


and just to give you an even better idea of the soothing blue...

isn't the new bedspread lovely? it lightens the whole room!

We also painted the half bath...that's right you guessed it, "French Blue." What can I say? I'm in a blue phase. Sorry no before photo for this one!


And last but not least, we had the new nursery painted as well....NOT blue :) a bright, fresh YELLOW-

that's all I can show you for now! but I don't want to leave you hangin' too bad, so here is another nursery hint:

we are doing love birds!!!

NEXT UP...replacing the breakfast room light fixture with this beauty:


And let's not forget the upcoming frog themed bathroom for the girls!


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...