Sunday, August 29, 2010

We're back!

Back from our bloggin' break, that is. I was not abstaining purposely, but then my computer went on the fritz, my munchkin got sick, and school started. Which left me a bit weary. Then my genius husband fixed my computer, lil'bub recovered, and we sent her off to a new year of school...just one day late. And now that I think about it, I actually have this recurring nightmare of doing the exact same thing: I show up a day late to high school and I can't figure out where I'm supposed to be and I am ferr-reakin out that I'm going to be in trouble!?!? I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's a dream. What kind of cracks me up is when I wake up really anxious from said dream, the only way to snap out of it is to remember that I already graduated. And sometimes that takes a little while. Like, I lay there and slowly remember that everything is ok because I went on to college and graduate school, so I obviously graduated. Obviously. It always takes me a little bit though.

Ok, well that was definitely a tangent. Avery's late start was not near that dramatic. Her amazing teachers (the same awesome ones we had last year :) were sad because they were looking forward to seeing her. I was sad because we were all more than ready for her to get back on a school schedule. And lil'bub was sad because she was super duper snotty. Luckily, that disappeared pretty fast and we got back on track the next day. She did great. Her teachers said she laughed a lot, which made my heart smile! I was just talking to Bub the hub about how her laugh has changed so much since she was itty bitty. Now it's a good hearty little lady laugh. I'm going to have to get it on tape for you guys. Right now all I have is this photo of when I picked her up from school.

I know it's a bit blurry, but she was both happy and worn-out, which I think is well represented here :)

Avery's first year of school went really well, but I think this is her year to excel. She's getting so much stronger and reacting better to her therapies. She's also talkin' our ears off/communicating more as well. We can't wait to see what this new year brings!

And now I have to give a shout out to our former speech therapist and sweet friend, Morgan, and her precious daughter Amelia.

We had to say goodbye today because they are moving to Austin. We are sad to lose them but so grateful for all the wonderful therapy Morgan provided, and thoughtful suggestions and encouragement...and toys! And just listening to me! Thanks, Morgan-- I can't believe that when we met, Amelia was just a twinkle in your eye, and now she is a beautiful 7 month old!!! We will miss you guys!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...