Thursday, June 24, 2010

Belated Father's Day Post

Last week I enlisted one of Bub the hub's good friends (thanks Scott!) to help me set up a surprise golf outing to the The Falls with a group of his friends. It worked out really well--Bub was very surprised when lil'bub and I presented him with a new golf shirt and a tee time! Here are some of the boys enjoying the course.


Can't you tell how thrilled they are to take a photo? Anyway, I think they had fun, AND they didn't totally melt in the blazing, Texas sun, so I call that a success! Avery had also presented her daddy with a card that she "made" at school:



She's becoming professional with that finger-paint, don'tcha think?

While her daddy was out golfing, Avery and I had some good girl time. And we practiced some more in her walker...



She also wanted to play with mommy's glasses, but that wasn't as fun as she thought it would be. I don't blame her. I'm blind as a bat, so looking through those lenses must be pretty weird. Even I don't like them, and usually I only wear them at night. But I have had to wear them everyday, ALL day for the last two weeks. It's made me a very grumpy girl. I just hate'em, they give me such a headache. BUT, it's all for a very good cause because tomorrow I am getting LASIK!!!!!! I am SO excited. My sight started deteriorating in the second grade, so I can't even remember what it's like not to have to mess with glasses or contacts! My impatience these last two weeks has been terrible, and I do apologize to everyone that I was cranky to. I won't even get into the story about how the eye doctors told me a couple days ago that they didn't think I was a good candidate for the surgery anymore. I won't, because they changed their minds and it's going to happen and it's all going to be worth it! Stay tuned :)

Photobucket

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...