Monday, February 8, 2010

Car Date

Back in my early high school days, I pitched a particularly mean fit when I was told by my daddy that I was not allowed to car date--that is, go on a date alone, in a car, with a BOY, until I was 16. Being just barely 15, and wanting to be particularly independent, AND of course wanting to spend time with a certain boy who IS NOW Bub the hub (so THERE daddy), I got really, really mad.

And the tears flowed freely, and the tantrum was lengthy, and of course no matter what I yelled, I had to wait longer than I would have like to go on car dates. Avery's grandaddy still likes to remind me of it, like constantly, because he found the intensity of my tantrum hilarious. WELL, I swore right then and there that I would let MY daughter car date if SHE had a serious boyfriend that was older because I was going to be the best parent EVER. ha.

So now that I am a parent, and understand certain things, my children are not going to date until they are 25. But I will, in certain circumstances, make exceptions. And I did just the other day, when sweet Charlie from across the street wanted to take Avery on a car date. I think it was a good decision.


1 comment :

  1. That is LOL funny... But really your dad was right on seeing as how Mike eventually set his sights to marry you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...