Monday, September 28, 2015

20 Things, Part 2

Back in 2012, I did a "20 Things" stream of consciousness blog that I thought was really fun. Fun because it's a post where I don't have to pretend that I have any creative writing ability, come up with narrative transitions, or work at pulling a bunch of pics off my camera/phone. So... basically lazy? Ha. 

I am going to do it again, tonight, on this 28th day of September, 2015-- just roll off all the things going on in mind in this particular moment. NOW:

1) I am really frustrated because I came up with a new design for this blog--9 months ago!! and I can't get the code to work. I have read that a lot of people have had the same issues and the way to solve it is to basically delete the entire blog design and start from square one. And I am too scared and not good enough with code to take that chance.... so the design remains the same.  It. bothers. me.
2) I have card work that I need to be working on right now so I should probably be writing shorter, faster "things."
3) This past weekend, Bub the hub and I had a less-than-24-hour "getaway" to Austin for a wedding. It was so nice to see good, old friends and have a night to ourselves. And SOOO weird to go on a road trip without the girls in the backseat. I don't think we've done a roadtrip without them since.... before their births?



4) WE GOT TO GET DRESSED UP AND GO OUT AND HAVE DRINKS AND NOT WORRY ABOUT GETTING HOME!!


all gussied up!

5) Today was the first official day I broke out my jeans for the fall. They'd been waiting patiently since like, April. The temperature plunged ALL the way down to 87! so I thought, what the hell?
6) Maddie and I decorated the house for fall last week and I love it. So did Maddie, she was completely giddy about it. She's definitely my daughter.
7) I am excited for a bunch of my primetime shows to begin next week. This summer seemed to drag on forever without all my fav shows. It also seemed to whip by really fast, though. Discuss.
8) What I just said was a reference to the SNL skit, "Coffee Talk with Linda Richman" performed by Mike Myers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you really need to watch some old school SNL.
9) Straight from the "Coffee Talk" Wikipedia page, here are some of my favorite quotes:
"Rhode Island is neither a road nor is it an island. Discuss." (obvs the best)
10) "The New Deal was neither new nor was it a deal. Discuss."
11) "The jelly bean is neither made of jelly nor is it a bean. Discuss."
12) "Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss."
13) I guess that's enough of that. I love old school SNL.  Now I love watching Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. He's so good. You should check it out.
14) I got a new car a couple weeks ago. Not brand spankin' new, but one previous owner and a 2015 model. I am really in love with it. Last Friday, someone rear ended me on the freeway. And she was so rude! I had Avery with me and she was really upset. It was the worst. I can't wait to get it fixed so I can try to forget it ever happened.
15) I am remembering now how hard it was to do 20 things... in the previous post, I have a pic of baby Maddie in the swimming pool with me and wrote how I hoped she would be a water baby like her sister. Boy did I get my wish! I was so impressed this past summer when she learned how to swim independently after a few short lessons. She's such a fast learner!
16) Avery is having awesome swim therapy sessions in the pool lately. Thanks Ms. Eda!!!!!
17) I need to figure out Halloween costumes for the girls, PRONTO.
18) This should probably be a longer post, but Avery has gained some serious weight since starting the modified Atkins diet in June. The pro fat diet has been good at controlling her seizures, but gaining significant, additional weight like this is really hard on all of us. It's on my mind a lot right now.
19) I have not been working out regularly since before my miscarriage. I really need to get back on that horse. 
20) Good night, friends! It's been real.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...