Sunday, August 30, 2015

Both in School

This past week, my little Maddie started her first week of big girl school. She is an official Pre-K student.


It's very surreal. How are both of my girls old enough to be in full time school?? Avery started the week before at her same school, but in a brand new classroom. It's a very different setting for her.... more like a typical class. She has her own desk and everything!


I couldn't get her to look at the camera, of course, but here you can see her sitting at a desk. She was "talking" up a storm on that first morning. She's been doing a great job at transitioning to this new environment, considering that any kind of change has always been hard on Avery. It's definitely going to challenge her a lot, but we think she is up to it :).

Maddie, on the other hand, was really not nervous at all about her new class. She gives us the funniest reports about her day, most of which I have no idea if it's accurate or not. She did just turn four.

When asked what she enjoyed after the first day, she responded, "we have REST time!" Rest time?? Really? Like you ever want to rest or nap at home?? Silly girl. Of course, she loves lunch and playground time the best as well.  

I thought I was a bonafide rock star for not crying at all while dropping her off, or any other time that day. The tears did eventually come... about mid-week when I walked into the grocery store all by myself and it all of the sudden just hit-- my sidekick was not with me. I intensely, physically missed her presence beside me. ACK! This is hard.

I am still getting used to drop off and pick ups too. They go to school about an hour apart, so that's not terrible, although always pretty crazy in the morning. It's the pick ups that I am having the hardest time with. Only 30 minutes apart, and I have to maneuver through a bunch of school zones and buses stopping FOREVER and traffic and then the car pool line! I am basically a stress ball throughout, so I really hope that improves.

Meanwhile, I did have actual day time to get some things done! And visit people! I spent most of Wednesday like this:


That's sweet Cora who is only 6 weeks old, HEAVEN!!

Meanwhile, I have about a thousand other things running through my mind right now. And sleep... I have not felt this wiped out for a long time. I think I might actually have to start going to bed earlier! UGH. That would be a huge change. I might be growing up.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...