Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August is INsane

Poor, sad, ignored blog!! Ever since we returned from our Mexico trip, it has been non-stop crazy. I always know in the back of my mind that August is going to be insanely busy, but I am still never fully prepared for the onslaught. 

The day after our vacation ended was Avery's last day of school before her second summer break. Since she is moving to a new classroom at the start of the school year, it was time to say goodbye to a very special group of teachers who have taken amazing care of my darling girl. It was emotional, to say the least. The day was also full of random crises that totally knocked the wind out of me. It was definitely a rough way to return to real life!

Happily, my birthday was on the 3rd, and Bub the hub did a very nice job of spoiling me. Ditto my momma and my sweet children. 


Before our bday dinner date!

As soon as my birthday was over, it was two solid weeks of being home with girls while I prepared for Maddie's fourth birthday party on the 15th. In between, there were lots of doctor appointments, therapies, play dates and a million different errands. And dance camp!! Maddie had a whole week of princess themed dance camp that culminated in an adorable "recital."


Maddie and cousin Molly being silly at dance camp


I would say that for the most part, Avery did really well being home with me. Unlike some past breaks where she just spent the whole time being cranky and high strung, presumably because she'd rather be in school! Her moods seemed more stable and we are also seeing much fewer seizures since we've seemingly hit her appropriate levels of fats vs. carbs on the modified Atkins diet.

It was incredible how fast August 15th came up on us, but Maddie's My Little Pony party was a big success, and the birthday girl really seemed in heaven. FOUR YEARS OLD, I really can't believe it. Another year gone by in a flash. But that is a whole 'nother post. I will give you the party princess on her horse, though.



We left  almost immediately after birthday festivities to meet Uncle Rob and Aunt Christine in South Padre for a beach getaway that was super family fun! Four days later we are home again and tomorrow Avery returns to school and starts in her new classroom. It will be a big day and I can just barely keep my eyes open right now. I still need to do a post on Maddie's birthday and the beach, but that will have to wait.  And I can't even get started on the fact that my baby bub starts Pre-K next week, going full-time to school--- which makes me tear up just to write it! That will have to wait to so this mommy can get some sleep.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...