Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015

Is it just me or does 2015 seem like a super futuristic year? It's just hard to wrap my head around for some reason. I remember thinking that my high school graduating year, 2000, seemed forever away... far far in the future. And then a decade past after that and it felt so strange to be in the year 2010. And now here we are in 2015 and that's just insane. Right? I might be babbling.

I blogged a record three times last week in order to make a nice round 40 posts for 2014. I had made the one resolution last year to blog more and was glad to actually attain that one. Up from 33 posts in 2013. Of course, here we are a week later and I am just getting around to the first official post of 2015... it has been a little busy with doctor appointments and getting Avery back in school and still s.l.o.w.l.y. taking down holiday decorations because a certain 3 year old freaks out whenever she sees me putting this stuff away. I'm talking tears! Poor thing wants it to be Christmas all year round. Oh Maddie.

Like last year, I didn't want to stress on resolutions... so I didn't even bother to think of any. That also feels a little wrong. I did manage to google some ecards on the subject though! They weren't quite as funny as I'd hoped.


So I think I can do a little better than this. Like, at least resolve to be generally healthier? Last New Year was the first time I can remember that I didn't make any promises to myself about trying to exercise more and then BAM! I started going regularly to the gym in April and have been going strong.  Maybe I need more reverse pyschology? I don't know. This next one really hit the dot on the nose for me.


I just tend to overthink and have more fun planning than going through with the task. I think that's why I should just stay small like I did last year (except blogging more is not an easy task- but whatever) so I don't have to expect something like this. 


Not like y'all would laugh at me-- I hope! I do have a few things in mind now though. The first is to learn how to say "No" more. I know that sounds a little harsh, but I need to value my time (and sanity!) more. Sometimes doing nothing is ok! I know that in my brain, but I need to put it into action. 

I need to go to bed earlier. This is a hard one! Do you ever notice my blog post time stamps? Ha. But I AM a night person, through and through, and it's when I get a lot of work done too. Nevertheless, I am going to make it a resolution and set it in stone this year. So, ugh, starting tomorrow?!?  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...