Sunday, April 21, 2013

We Heart Books

I was thinking the other day about how thrilled I am that Maddie loves books so much. I don't want to forget all of the precious first books that she adored. I think it's so important to get your kids excited about reading. You might remember that we started pretty early.

it's my favorite! "Bubbles, Bubbles"

ohh mom, you caught me!

books make me SO happy :)

By 5 months, little Maddie Brynn already loved turning the pages and looking at silly pictures. Other favorite books at this age included "Beetle's Bug Party" and "Pat them Gently." Both little board books from Target for $1 each-- continued entertainment for so little!


Soon enough though, Maddie graduated to "Moo, Baa, La La La" and lots of lift-the-flap books like "Where is Baby's Belly Button." Both were also Avery favorites!


Around her first birthday, Maddie's patience and focus improved a lot and started enjoying longer books with more words, like "Hippos Go Berserk!" and "Counting Kisses." I just love the illustrations in the Karen Katz books, we have many of those. Maddie loves to name the people and body parts, and I love giving her all those kisses :).


It's just been in the last 2-3 months that she is requesting even longer books and letting us turn the pages at a normal pace! For awhile there, I felt like I was reading this book ten times a day:


It's so cute, about Big Bird being too big for some things, and Elmo being too small...Maddie couldn't get enough! She's also more interested in books like Olivia and The Very Hungry Caterpillar. She loves to repeat all of the things that the caterpillar is eating.


Recently her Nana bought a cute little book called "Where oh where is huggle buggle bear" and I seriously thought she might go to college with it. She loves to point out all the places that huggle buggle bear is hiding. So cute...the first ten times ha.


Currently she is excited about her mini Berenstain Bear books that we have from Chick-fil-a, especially "Safe & Sound" and "Sick Days."  I like how "Sick Days" is about how Mama Bear takes such good care of everyone, and then at the end, when she's totally exhausted, Papa Bear takes over and then takes  special care of Mama too. Reminds me of Bub the hub, and a good lesson for little ones I think!


A new development that I am really excited about is catching sweet girl in her rocking chair, "reading" books to herself. It mostly sounds like babble, but every now and I then I hear a word: "cow!" "mama" "sissy" "sad" "go there!" and it just make my heart melt.

Keep on reading baby bub!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...