Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eleven Months

Madeline is eleven months old! And because it took mommy so long to find a single second to work on this post, she is going to be ONE YEAR OLD in no time at all....simply unbelievable. How does my baby look like such a big girl now!?


It actually took mommy and daddy two separate photo sessions to get a non-blurry photo because she WON'T stop MOVING!! Wish we could have caught a bigger (non blurry) smile, but this will do-- I did catch Baby Bub smiling and waving at her daddy like she did the month before...


Waving is still a fav around here. But the NEW big thing is (...drumroll...) kissing :). Maddie's version of a kiss is similar to a puppy dog's: big, wet and sloppy haha!!  We love it though. She enjoys kissing her daddy...her dolly...and just about anything else that strikes her fancy. Including furniture and electronics!
♥kisses♥

The most exciting news, however, is this:


Madeline started taking independent steps a week before she turned 11 months and I am still in shock and awe of her amazing-ness! Maddie is my second child, but my first to walk independently. And my heart aches for her big sister to also make it to this incredible milestone, but I know that she will some day...and these two girls will walk and run and play together. Some day.

Other 11 month Maddie Brynn facts:

-She's talkin' so much lately! still lots of ma-ma's and da-da's, ba-ba's and na-na's. And we have added a new tooth, so that makes four now. See all my teethies-->
<--Eating lots more solid fruits like mandarin oranges, pieces of plums & strawberries...enjoys a good read after eating :)
-Sleeping very well from 7pm to 7am, we are SO grateful! And always has a huge smile for mommy in the mornings
-Continues to be really social, and likes being held by other people.
<--Obsessed with an Old MacDonald app on the iPAD and giggles at all the animals!!
-Finally found something that scares this brave girl: metal door stoppers...hates the sound they make when tweaked and looks at me with the saddest face :(
-Still doing great with her sippy cup, likes to lounge while drinking-->
-Bounces and shakes her butt to music, it's hilarious.
<--Some of her current household favorites include: unrolling toilet paper, taking clothes out of the dryer for mommy (then throwing back in when I turn around), and grabbing and throwing utensils from the dishwasher. She's a big help, let me tell ya.
-Makes a funny duck face --> 
when she's playing around the house or concentrating hard. Took me a while to get on camera!
-Has started to get into  even more cabinets, all over the house. We have baby proofed the important stuff but there are still some cabinets that I'd rather her not play in. When she opens one of those, I will say her name in a stern manner and she always stops and gives me the most innocent look in the world, like "I wasn't doin anything momma..." and of course I have to smile. I mean, how can you resist this face!?!?!
-Has found a deep affection for full-length mirrors...look, it's TWO Maddies!!!
<--Thinks it's funny when sister takes her bows out
-Loves looking at photos around the house with me if I point out everyone that's in them. I say, "here's daddy and mommy, and here's Avery and Maddie" and she thinks it's the greatest fun in the world :)
- Continues to be an absolute JOY and delight and we can't get enough of you sweet girl!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...