Friday, July 13, 2012

20 Things, Part II

Sitting here on the couch with Bub the hub, watching So You Think You Can Dance (and yes, they sure can) and thinking about the very long to-do list I have at the moment, which includes blogging. It's really hard for me to focus on even doing one thing when so much is running through my head...but the hub says to FOCUS, so here goes:

1) I am in full on party planning mode for Madeline's first birthday. There are so many things I want to do/make for the party and not nearly enough time!
2) My own birthday is coming up before hers...it's the big 3-0. I have mixed feelings on this, but mostly just can't believe it's really here. In less than a month.
3) Today was actually my own sweet momma's birthday! Maddie and I went downtown to have lunch with her. As soon as we got up to the office, baby girl took everyones hand and pulled walked them around. She was in heaven! Look at this expression.
wrapped around her fingers. literally.

4) Hope you had a nice birthday, Nana! We appreciate you so, SO, so much. You were the one that really stepped up and helped us with Avery, and there will never be enough words to thank you for that. We are lost without you! xoxoxoxo


5) And talking about Madeline walking, she started tentatively taking steps on her own this week...and I am freaking out excited!! And terrified! And just can't believe how fast this happens .
6) I watch this little pumpkin all day long and this one word keeps repeating in my head: MARVEL. I am just constantly marveling at what she can do-- at how easy it all comes to her. Just makes my head spin. I think I am going to do an entire blog post soon on all this marveling :)


7) I had to take a break to do some card work and now it's super late, of course. Thankfully, the girls have been letting me sleep in until 7:30 or 8 lately. I just stared at that sentence and thought what a horror that would have been to me not that long ago....when 9am seemed early enough. I am SO NOT a morning person, but having munchkins sure does change things!
8) Thank goodness Bub the hub is a morning dude. How do two non-morning people make a marriage work anyway?? I don't see how. Two crankies every morning would be terrible...
9) I wish we could sleep late on vacation, but that's pretty impossible with the girls along. I'm still dreaming of a vacation for just the hub and me. I know people would be pretty shocked to know we have never had one away from Avery. There has always been too much crazy $hit going on with her to be able to leave for more than a date night. And then she got so big, it's an issue now to leave her with someone that can lug her around like we do. Ugh, not sure this will ever happen.
10) I won't even mention the fact that she has started having full on, uncontrollable tantrums lately. Except I just did. Forget I said anything! Just add it to the why-we'll-never-have-our-vacation-break-from-the-kids list.
11) We are currently waiting to hear whether Avery got a scholarship to attend her special needs school again this coming year. It's excruciating to wait! We can't afford to do it without the help. Help us cross fingers and toes!
12) I've thought on and off about putting Maddie in a one day a week preschool this fall, but ultimately I don't think I can let her go. I know I did it with Avery, and of course it turned out fine, but it was all very different, special circumstances. If I was able to stay home with her, and she had not needed all the extra help, I'm not sure I could have let her go either! It's so hard.
13) If Avery had been typical, I would probably still be working at the Ballet right now....that's so weird to think about.
14) If Avery had been typical, I would probably never have started Sugar Bee Designs...hmmm
15) If Avery had been typical, our lives would be floating down very, very different paths right now.  I know, pretty obvious. Still can't help thinking sometimes. Or all the time.
16) I meant to blog last week about my brother coming into town, but things got too busy, as usual. He's pretty good with the girls. Here he is chattin it up with Avery.


17) Wish he didn't live in Dallas and we could see him more often. I just know we could mold him into solid babysitting material.
18) Current countdown to San Diego family vacation is 15 days! BEACH! BEACH! BEACH!
19) Hopefully I come home with an actual tan, just in time for my birthday.
20) My eyes are just barely open but I made it! Sweet dreams, blog readers :)


Photobucket

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...