Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Long Weekend

This year I experienced something that I want to make a full tradition: rather than have one Mother's Day, we made it into an entire weekend. All about me, all the time. Haha, ok, not really, but the weekend started out with a sick baby home from school, and ended with me cleaning the entire house ON Mother's Day for a showing...so I had to cherish all of the time in between!

Bub the hub took me to see a movie Friday night...something he did not really want to see, which makes it extra sweet of him :) It was the new documentary movie, Babies. And it was really eye-opening and fun to see these little ones from around the world.

I gave and received extra kisses all weekend,
just to celebrate Mom's Day!!


On Saturday I had one of my favorite things for dinner, bruschetta!!!
Actually, it was a trio of bruschetta's, and they were DE-licious


then it was chocolate and banana pancakes for breakfast!!


After we got that whole house showing thing over with, Avery's Nana came over and planted some new flowers in my yard, made us dinner AND put together a raspberry/lemon dessert she saw that I had been craving under my "currently" list. I knew that would come in handy!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day too, whether you are a mom or you were celebrating your own mom. They deserve it. This job is hard, y'all. No doubt about it.

Photobucket

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...