Thursday, April 22, 2010

Be Green!!


Happy Earth Day everyone!
We are wearing green today in honor of the day.

here's lil'bub's "cheese" smile



trying to squirm away!
you know, so she can get a jump
on recycling and stuff.

I thought I would also share some of my favorite new GREEN things going on lately:

--Target just started a new recycling initiative. Although last year they began promising 5 cents back for every reusable bag you pack with purchases, I rarely came across a cashier that remembered. I think I got it back once. Anyway, I have thought for a long time that they could do much more! Now they are putting bins in stores for aluminum, glass and plastic beverage containers, plastic bags, MP3 players, cell phones and ink cartridges. They even offer a gift card for other electronics too.

**You can also enter the Target Sweepstakes to win a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid!! Or don't. Better chances for me :)

--Sam's Club is giving you money for your old electronics!!! Check out here how much you can get. If they don't take it, they will still recycle it for you.

--ORIGINS, the makeup and skincare label, has started providing bins where you can drop off any label's old cosmetics containers for recycling. I saw one with my own eyes last weekend when I was in Dillards at Memorial City Mall. I already dropped off some stuff!

--RecycleMatch is a really cool new Houston company that I recently read about in the Chronicle. I know most of my blog readers out there are probably not looking to recycle commercial waste, but take a look at their site and purpose, it's definitely an idea I wish I had thought of!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...