Thursday, April 23, 2015

Big Girl Bed

Last September, we finally turned Maddie's crib into a toddler bed. She lasted in that crib a long time! After three glorious years and very few attempts at climbing out, she surprised the sh%$ out of me one morning by casually meandering down the stairs before I even knew she was awake. So I knew it was time. I totally meant to blog about it.... oops. I did only have this one photo of her helping daddy take off the side. Tool in hand!


 Doesn't she already look so little here? 7 months ago!

So then her little bed looked like this:


She slept comfortably here for awhile until we decided it was finally time (this past week) for a BIG GIRL BED.  Really, it was a reward for all sorts of good behavior... we'd been building it up for awhile. I ordered some precious new sheets with a colorful bird motif to match her room. 

Maddie was super excited for the actual event and wanted to help as much as she could.  Baby Bub fully believes she can do such things as lift beds and mattresses, and it's difficult to dissuade her without hurt feelings!  She thinks no job is too big for herself, which cracks me up.

She also kept talking about how she was going to have a big girl bed just like her big sister :). I really love how it turned out.


We took out her rocking chair and now bedtime stories are actually read in bed with her, which is really nice. So far, so good!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...