Thursday, March 31, 2011

17 Weeks & Growing!

It's hard to believe that we are 17 weeks along already with the new little one. Bub the hub and I decided that from now on, we shall refer to this sweet new arrival on the blog as Baby Bub. And I am super excited because we are going to find out whether baby bub is a boy or a girl in two short weeks! Everyone around me seems to think that this one is going to be another girl, but I'm leaning more toward boy this time. Of course, I would love either one, but we sure do have the wardrobe for another little girl!! And for some reason it's much easier for me to come up with girl names that I like than boy names, although nothing official yet.

I like to put lil'bub's hand on my belly and ask her if she thinks baby bub is going to be a girl or a boy, but she just gives me a mischievious smirk and refuses to say. Here is a photo of my bump from a few weeks ago, it's already so big in my eyes!! I'll take another one soon.


I decided to fill out the pregnancy questionnaire that I always see on other blogs, it's kinda fun:
How far along?  17 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain/loss?  6 pounds already!
Maternity clothes?  Yes, I seriously threw on the maternity jeans at about 8 weeks. Now I'm just wearing all of my regular dresses. I am also eagerly anticipating my first pair of maternity shorts this week from oldnavy.com.
Sleep?  Sleeping is already tough- waking up a lot in the middle of the night
Movement?  I have been feeling little flutters and kicks for about two weeks, I love that part!
Food cravings?  Bub the hub is still taking me to get the fried pickles once a week, and I'm still craving a lot of fruit. Last week I had to have jellybeans and then I totally overdid it. No. more. jellybeans. 
What I miss: Walking up the stairs without getting tired!
Milestones:  This week the baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone...so important :)

I still need to post some photos from our Houston Rodeo visit. I think Avery had a good time. It was also nice because Bub the hub got to come with us this year. I think he had fun too. I know I did because I got to eat an a-mazingly gooey cinnamon bun, ha! It's all about food now.

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. Surprised you didn't call me out on the Rodeo pics. :P
    Baby Bub is already cute as a bug! LOL about the jellybeans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Cassie! At least you didn't say you ate jellybeans with, say mayonnaise or something, now that would be a pregnancy craving to be ashamed of....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you Cassie!! Hope to see you guys soon!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...