Thursday, August 8, 2013

Something's Gotta Give

And in my case, it's this blog! My intentions to blog once a week are always very serious. Somehow life continues to get in the way...imagine that. These past two weeks (of not blogging) we began summer break #2 for Avery, celebrated my 31st birthday, installed a new kitchen into the new house among a ton of other updates, and worked on a record number of cards! It's insane! I am DYING to share new photos of everything we have done to spiffy up the house. I just need to find the time to organize all of my "before" and "after" photos. Like 100's of them! ah!

Suffice it to say, we had (and have) a lot to learn when it came to renovating and updating an older home. We saved a ton of money doing a bunch of DIY projects, but we did not save any time! We also THOUGHT we were saving money using a couple of stores, ahem HOME DEPOT, who totally screwed up every. single. thing. we bought through them and pushed our timeline way later than we anticipated. But live and learn. It will be so worth it when we have everything done and settled and we can look back and laugh....maybe. Next up we have unpacking and decorating the new house and Maddie's 2nd birthday party! The fun/stress never stops! 

You know I would never leave you hanging without photos of the girlies, so here they are! As beautiful and sweet as ever.



and p.s. thanks for all the comments/emails/texts about the Avery walking video :) means a lot to me!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...