Sunday, July 14, 2013

22 Month Firecracker, Part Two

Like I said, there's just too much to say about Maddie Brynn! One of the biggest things I want to mention is her caring heart. If anyone is sad or hurt, she is right there asking, "You ok?" and kissing boo-boo's and giving hugs. Her gentleness and kind spirit is just like her daddy's. She is {shockingly} good at sharing and plays very sweetly with her sister.


Another thing I can't get over is how compliant she is at this age. I keep waiting for the tantrums to begin (not like we don't see little ones here and there) but most of the time she is very agreeable. I explain to her why we can't (or shouldn't) do something she wants to do and I get an "ok mommy" that just makes my heart melt every time. She also follows directions very well, and enjoys helping people. I know for sure that this won't last but I am savoring every moment of it!

Some of Maddie's favorite things right now are going to the park, playing with "siketballs" which is her trying to say "basketball"--referring to any kind of ball-- and splashing on her "wader table."


having a Marilyn moment at the park!

Recently we started reading a nursery rhyme book and she has begun singing the words to BaaBaa Black Sheep, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Hickory Dickory Dock and Twinkle, Twinkle. And Row, Row..! Her little singing voice is quiet, a bit shy and totally adorbs. And her love for reading- morning, noon and night- has not changed. She especially loves when we go to the public library for toddler time and checking out new books.

library bear is cuddly

Her current obsessions include, but are not limited to: stickers, crayons, balloons, puzzles, jumping (especially on the bed :), Disney Junior shows, Cinderella, pillows, baby dolls, cars, puppies, kitties, hats, choo choo trains, flags, and phones.  

"Hello? Dolly? You there?" lol

Now I have come to the bragging portion of this post where I have to say that I am completely blown away that Maddie Brynn can recite the alphabet song, recognize and organize her letters, and count (correctly) up to 15! Are we ready for kindergarten or what? I'm going to have this girl reading books to me at bedtime in no time at all haha :)


My precious bub, you absolutely light up our lives. We cannot wait to see what turning TWO brings! You already seem so grown up, we can hardly stand it. We hope you always keep that twinkle in your eye and that your beautiful smile keeps growing. We love you so, so much.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...