Monday, February 6, 2012

Avery is Four

Last Monday, my miracle child turned four. I don't know if it's even completely sunk in. She is just SO OLD. And how did four years go by in the blink of an eye? I still don't know. Since you know I can't resist, here's my girl through the years:

        Avery Brand New                          Avery 6 months

Avery's 1st Bday                             Avery 18 months

Avery's 2nd Bday                      Avery 2&half

 Avery's 3rd Bday                 Avery 3&half 

We kept it very low key this year, spending time with family and doing activities that we knew she enjoyed, as opposed to a big party where we she could easily be overwhelmed. I think she most enjoyed the swinging...


and having cake for every meal of the day! ha! Here is the special heart cake I made for my four year old sweetheart-


I think she liked it!


Bub the hub and I have gone through about every emotion there is in the last couple of weeks. We are so thankful she is here with us, but still can't help but wish that her journey could have been a different one. It's hard not to imagine all the future challenges that still lay ahead. We wish we could take them all away, and give her a break for once! We know that's not in the cards, but it doesn't mean we don't hold out hope that she will have a future filled with all the things that she deserves. And much, much more. 

Mommy and Daddy love you so much Avery. You have taught us so much. You are PERFECT in our eyes. You are our everything.

Listen to the mustn'ts
by Shel Silverstein

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS,
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me--
ANYTHING can happen, child,
Anything can be.

Photobucket

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...